Background Image for Header:
WVU Faculty & Students
Opportunities for WVU faculty and students
For more information contact: Richard Bajura, Acting Director; Richard.Bajura@mail.wvu.edu; 304.293.2867
- The USCEC serves as a WVU resource for contacting academic institutions in China in developing undergraduate and graduate degree programs. We work with the WVU Office of Global Affairs and individual colleges/departments to facilitate introductions and communications with Chinese institutions.
- Working with other units at WVU, the USCEC recruits WVU students to participate in summer camp programs at the China University of Mining and Technology in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province.
- The USCEC facilitates faculty exchange programs with Chinese institutions that involve placing Chinese visitors within units at WVU or nominating faculty members to teach courses (in English) to Chinese students at their university.
- The USCEC has conducted small research projects in collaboration with Chinese industry units in the past in areas such as coal-to-liquids or products and in waste disposal.
- Faculty and students at WVU have been invited to work in China with research organizations seeking personnel with specific expertise or interests.
- The USCEC serves as a point of contact with Chinese organizations seeking to make short visits to WVU to learn about specific topics of research or to obtain information about how research or business projects are developed in the U.S.
- The USCEC has conducted multiple training programs extending from several days to several weeks to facilitate project development activities between Chinese industry and U.S. / state industries.
Conference Activity/Bilateral Cooperation
- Working with the Federal and State government offices, the USCEC has lead or co-hosted international conferences in energy both at WVU and international venues to promote collaboration between U.S. and Chinese organizations and share technical knowledge.
Sister City / Sister State Relationships
- The USCEC is a major contributor to the Sister Cities relationship between Morgantown, WV and Xuzhou, China and facilitates a Sister State relationship between the State of West Virginia and Shanxi Province.
- The USCEC facilitates relationships between businesses in the State of West Virginia and Chinese companies interested in working with U.S. entities.